The holidays are rapidly approaching and soon you'll ask yourself two age old questions.
1. What do I want for presents?
2. What do I want to get my friends and loved ones for presents?
Since you're already buying things and wishing for things, here are 5 gift ideas that will also support the New River Alliance of Climbers—with the minimal amount of effort and cash possible.
1. Join (or renew your membership to) the Access Fund. You're a climber, so we assume you've already done this. If not, shame on you. Consider this your guilt trip. When you join, choose, "I would like to become a Joint Member," and then choose New River Alliance of Climbers from the drop down list.
2. We love mom-and-pop gear shops. Indeed, Water Stone Outdoors is virtually synonymous with the New River Alliance of Climbers, as over the years, they've donated countless dollars and hours to the cause. But if you can't get to a mom-and-pop, consider buying your gear/presents from Climbstuff.com, which will donate 5% of your purchase to the local climbing organization of your choosing. (And in this case, you'll choose NRAC, please and thank you.) They call it 5% for the Crag, and it's a helluva good idea.
3. Amazon Smile. If you're not already buying your Amazon stuff through its Smile portal, please refer to the video above. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate .5% of your purchase to the charity of your choice, as long as it's listed on the site—and we are. Just log in to your Amazon account at Smile.Amazon.com, mouse over "Accounts & Lists," and then choose "My Amazon Smile."
4. Become a sustaining NRAC donor. See that little blue "Support Us" tab, bottom of this page? Click that and choose as little as a $5 per month or $25 per year donation. And then tell all your friends to do the same!
5. Join our enews list. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram. Share what we post!